Meet the team
Dave’s career spans around 20 years in private accountancy practice and over 25 years as a practising personal financial planner and Independent Financial Adviser - often overlapping the two.
One of relatively few advisers in the UK to have qualified as both a Chartered and a Certified Financial Planner, he also holds a range of other professional qualifications including:
- Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investments
- Member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners
- Member of the Society of Later Life Advisers
- Member of the Expert Witness Institute
- CFA Society UK Investment Management Certificate
Since 2000, Dave has specialised in designing and implementing holistic financial planning and investment strategies for people in later life, personal injury claimants and their legal advisers, those with special needs and Deputies Attorneys and Trustees acting on behalf of any of these people. His passion for these client groups has arisen through personal experience.
He has written or contributed to a wide range of books, technical guides, study manuals and training courses for various professional bodies. He also writes articles and case studies for professional journals and newspapers and he occasionally appears on TV and radio.
Away from work he spends his time with his friends, family and dogs and doing his bit for charities which support people with special needs. He is now too old and slow to play Rugby but he enjoys watching from the sidelines.